RIFT

Smoke

Mar 6, 2009
Gameplay is alot like AC, only GCD locked, alot of instants because you have 3 different specs to get skills from. Many channeled spells have abilities higher in the skill trees to allow movement while casting them etc.

Alot like AC in that health pools are small, fully geared tanks at lvl 20 have approx 2k HP....but there is so much customization that most of the specs allow for a healer/tank spec , fun for solo play. There is also 3 separate builds that you can buy access to (tri spec) so you can switch to a spec when out of combat to use a functional pure DPS or Heals spec for raids/partys.

If you ask how it plays.....imagine AC meets Warhammer meets EQ for an orgy....and RIFT is the child :twisted:

Anyhow like I said, alot of info on the forums, and all pre-orders get access to the CB events till Feb 15th when the headstart opens, 2 weeks to get the ball rolling before it goes on sale, plus there are little perks in the digital collectors edition like larger main bag to start etc.

I like it ALOT, simply because of the sweet ass customization, and the world is beautiful, nice eye candy on a decent machine. Besides...it really is something new...the rift invasions are sick.

My favorite build so far is a Ranger/Bard/Assassin for roaming solo pvp....stealth, pet, and heals/movement speed buffs out the ass on a ranged DPS....crazy fun!

Let me know what server you are going to test on if you try it out, we'll roll some nubs for fun :D

Smoke

Smoke

Mar 6, 2009
Hey Seth, anyone hang out in IRC anymore? PM me the channel details if you do =)

SethDrone-=KoC=-

Administrator
Staff member
May 12, 2004
irc.sorcery.net #blood is probably still the main one ppl are on and off of.

Anyone else played the game and want to give a quick review? I really don't want another "time passer" game before SWG comes out but if its seriously good I wouldnt mind trying it.

I never played EQ, and Warhammer is like WOW, so I'll take it wow meets ac?

How is the pvp? Any loot? Is it instanced? Can you control cities/land?

Smoke

Mar 6, 2009
Kyra said:
SethDrone-=KoC=- said:
How is the pvp? Any loot? Is it instanced? Can you control cities/land?
^This
This weekend is the first CB full PvP event, I don't know what loot rules they even have in yet, as far as servers go there has been a wipe after every event (servers are only up for 3 days) this is CB4. As far as I can determine there is Zone/Instance control in place and we'll get to try that out this weekend.

I'll be rolling on a pvp server, they have like 3 pvp 3 pve for engrish speakers in the betas so far. CB3 was my first time in and only had about 4 hours to try it out, but it was fun, and the concept behind mixing classes is appealing to me ala AC goodness.

I'll post what server I roll on here, for me even if it's a flop it's still something to waste time on other than War (horribly broken) WoW (stupidly broken) or something like DF that I don't have the time to sink into.

$60 is nothing to me, I drink that up in my first 10 minutes out on boys night so maybe I'm jaded, I already preordered it because it's something new to occupy time until SWTOR comes out, but I did have fun with it, and encourage you to all sign up for the beta anyhow. Just signing up through Fileplanet got me a VIP Pass good for all the events.

Smoke

Arcos

Apr 25, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I signed up on the website for beta but never got anything, i did recieve an email other day saying it was available for preorder.. but no CB invite .. I'll probaly pre order it after i get back from vegas next week to check it out. I really like the char customization they offer.. and aoe looting..

I'm with ya on the fact that a night out costs way more than 60 bux :)

Arcos

Apr 25, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Congratulations!
You've been selected to participate in this weekend's RIFT™ beta event!
The RIFT beta continues this weekend with our next beta event, Warfronts, set to begin Friday, Jan. 7, 2011 at 10:00am PST (18:00 GMT), and run through 10:00am PST (18:00 GMT) on Monday, Jan. 10, 2011.

woot?

Malediction

May 4, 2009
Looks like it could be fun, I signed up for the beta so hopefully atleast a few of us will get in.

Hows wow going? Im still thinking about buying it, just dont quite have the time yet.

Arcos

Apr 25, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Malediction said:
Looks like it could be fun, I signed up for the beta so hopefully atleast a few of us will get in.

Hows wow going? Im still thinking about buying it, just dont quite have the time yet.
I picked up like 15 keys when they had a crazy black friday sale, i can hook ya up if you wanna play or atleast login and chat, it comes with 30 days free.

SethDrone-=KoC=-

Administrator
Staff member
May 12, 2004
March 1 I think?

I looked at the earthrise and xyson sites and forums and their following makes DF look gigantic by comparison.