New AOC PVP Changes for a FFA PVP Server?

A

Anonymous

I think this voids the reference of a true FFA PvP server. Now don't get me wrong I would understand putting some sort of penalty in for ganking for 80's maybe ganking 60's but this goes in for everyone? What on earth do you exactly lose in AOC that you would need these sort of rules on a advertised PVP only server?

I think this pretty much puts the last nail in the coffin for me. Even though I have been sitting at 80 fighting in Kesh for exactly what I dunno. It was fun till 80 then I made it and then that was pretty much it. I had hopes --but this new system reminds me of another in a previous game. Now killing someone on a PvP server will give you a murder status. There was already little meaning to killing someone. It only takes the person killed 1-2 minutes to get back to the same spot they died. And the worst part I don't even see in reference to Guild Vs. Guild being implemented. I must be missing something here.

PVP Levels and XP
* There are 10 PVP levels.
* All players are worth 100 PvP XP when killed by a similar level player.
* When you die in PvP, you lose PvP XP. The amount you lose is static, regardless of the level of player who killed you.
* Losing PVP XP will not de-level you in PvP level.
* In order to prevent abuse of the system, there is a limit set on how many times one player can gain or lose PvP XP from another.
* You gain normal PVE XP when you are involved in a PVP kill. If you or your team get credit for a PVP kill, then you gain a certain amount of PVE experience from that kill. You get 10% of the XP from that player as though he were a monster of that level. You always get a minimum of 1 xp.

PVP Items
You can buy PVP items with normal money (there is no special currency for PVP). However, your PvP level will have to meet the requirements (if any) on any items you wish to use.
* Items are not tradeable
* Sold by PvP vendors

Notoriety System
A player is flagged in three different ways using this system: innocent, criminal, and murderer.

* Criminals and Murderers will have an icon showing their status.
* Innocent : No one can perform hostile actions on you without being flagged as a Criminal.
* Criminal : Performing a hostile action on an Innocent player will flag you as a Criminal for 5 minutes. Any further Criminal acts during the 5 minute time will refresh your Criminal Status.
* Attacking Criminal players and/or killing them will not flag you as Criminal.
* Killing Criminal Players will not cause you to gain murder points.
* Murderer : Players who have attacked and killed innocent players enough times to generate 100 or more points will be flagged as Murderers. Killing lower level players (outside your XP range) will result in a larger penalty towards the murderer limit.
* Murder score is capped at 1750 points.
* For every other real time hour that passes, your murder score is reduced by 1 point.
* If you die in PvP and lose PvP XP, you will receive a 3 point reduction to your total murder score.
* Killing mobs which yield XP will reduce your murder score at a rate of 1 point per 1% of a level worth of XP. Completing quests for XP will NOT contribute.
* Murderers cannot access traders or vendors.
* Guard NPCs will attack murderers on sight.
* Dying while flagged as a murderer results in the following: a. 100% increased loss of PvP XP for the murder b. 100% increased gain of PvP XP for the person killing the murderer c. 100% increased chance of dropping an item.
* Any players interacting with a Criminal or Murderer (that includes grouping with them or trading with them) will be flagged as a Criminal.
* If you group with a Criminal or Murderer, you will be flagged as a Criminal for as long as you are in the team, and 5 minutes after the team disbands (or the Criminal/Murderer leaves the team).
* Any team member performing a criminal act will flag the entire team in the vicinity as a criminal.

A

Anonymous

I can grief if thats all they do... you get attacked by guards and no vendors I suppose all i really need someone to do is get me some potions. The problem I see is the res camping... If this is not adjusted then it will be a problem since every blue will just sit there and wait.

A

Anonymous

A post from the dev's:

Dev responds to PVP rules discussions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I feel that some things need clarification here that were missed in the OP.

You will only generate murderpoints for killing players who more than 3 levels below you. As long as the player is within a few levels of you, all you get for attacking them is criminal status.

AOE and splash damage from spells and abilities will NOT register you as a criminal unless you are targeting that player specifically. Eg., a priest of mitra is fighting a monster and there is a hidden assassin nearby. The priest begins to cast repulse, and the assassin moves closer to the priest. Repulse hits the assassin out of stealth. The priest will NOT be flagged as a criminal.

And if the assassin is 20 levels below the priest, and dies to the repulse, the priest
gets no flag?
gets a murder point?

Quote:
If that happens then something is broken and we would appreciate a bug report on it. If you can not see a player, and and you accidentally hit them or even kill them with AOE, it should not flag you as a criminal or give you murderpoints.

Ginger

May 13, 2004
3 lvls below you???? so u can only kill 77's if u r 80. thats retarded

splixx said:
A post from the dev's:

Dev responds to PVP rules discussions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I feel that some things need clarification here that were missed in the OP.

You will only generate murderpoints for killing players who more than 3 levels below you. As long as the player is within a few levels of you, all you get for attacking them is criminal status.

AOE and splash damage from spells and abilities will NOT register you as a criminal unless you are targeting that player specifically. Eg., a priest of mitra is fighting a monster and there is a hidden assassin nearby. The priest begins to cast repulse, and the assassin moves closer to the priest. Repulse hits the assassin out of stealth. The priest will NOT be flagged as a criminal.

And if the assassin is 20 levels below the priest, and dies to the repulse, the priest
gets no flag?
gets a murder point?

Quote:
If that happens then something is broken and we would appreciate a bug report on it. If you can not see a player, and and you accidentally hit them or even kill them with AOE, it should not flag you as a criminal or give you murderpoints.

DaRocknessMonsta

Feb 8, 2005
yes this sucks,
i mean this game has a good fighting system (supposed that they will fix a few class bugs)

but this nonsense pking without beeing able to eleminate another player directly sucks .
everytime i kill somebody he doesnt even mention it because he ll brb in 1 min with killing me while regging

i hate that kind of situation and they should add something like a res penalty or delete a bunch of resspots and add a ghost mode where in most of the times another player has to res you to be alive.

so if hes dead hes realy off the scene for a longer time and that means to him he got owned.

chupa i will give this game a few more months and if they do it like blizzard im off it.

have a nice day and my msn is
untouch2@gmx.de

A

Anonymous

Yes don't get me wrong these type of games never hold my interest to long. That being said this is a new era. Game companies cater to the Carebears these days.

It's a fact... the whiners usually win in the end. It truly amazes me how people cry about being killed in a game that has no penalty for getting killed. I died and now have to walk 2 minutes back to point A... Something needs to be done about these pks! I could only imagine UO being released today with this many people playing games these days in the dread days.

I will load msn soon and add people up.