Darktide - Bloods

Fyx

Apr 30, 2010
lawl! I miss ac and the blood guild. I played way back and have been looking for a game like it ever since i quit. Being you guys have moved to darkfall and can have a true opinion about an mmo, how is it? Anything like dt? After a couple years of carebear wow i need to go back to a good game. Honest opinions would be appriciated.

Thanks

Sarphus

Nov 6, 2009
I wasn't a darktide guy. I played UO for 11 yrs.

DF has an early-UO feel and is very fun.

The FPS aspects of the game make your personal skill matter quite a bit.

The full loot open pvp aspects of the game keep it exciting.

Fyx

Apr 30, 2010
Yea it sounds like its a lot like ac, which would be great if it was. Any patron/vassal systems or xp chains? =D

Sarphus

Nov 6, 2009
I've never played AC.

describe those systems and I can tell you if it has something like that.

There are no lvls in DF. Everything is skill based.

Basically, if you want a skill, you start using it. Eventually your char gets developed to match your playstyle.

Serpentor

Sep 29, 2006
It is fun. It is more team based than AC. It's a lot like old school UO, but 3D obviously. No levels, No XP chains, No vassal/patron system.
Its a skill based system. Which means when everyone is capped it will be player skill vs player skill.... Or bandwidth :(

You dont accumulate XP to distribute into other skills like in AC.
If you want to raise your sword skill you have to go use your sword,
Want to raise your running skill you have to run around, ect..

Combat is 100% different. You dont click on a target and then hit the auto attack button like in AC with the occasional slidecast thrown in. DF plays like a FPS game that requires alot of hotkeys to change spells/weapons like all mmos today.

If you like resource gathering and crafting this game IS FOR YOU! Or you can just buy stuff. There is no repair option your gear gets damaged over time and eventually is destroyed. But that's not a big deal because there is no UBER quest loot or mob drop stuff. All armor/weapon are craftable with the right material which could be a rare drop off a mob or from a mine.