Proof that the Devs know who KoC are

fallendeacon

Dec 16, 2008
From an archived backup of the DFO site back in 2001... this was from their FAQ about half way down:
http://web.archive.org/web/200108040723 ... ndex.shtml

How are you going to handle Player Killing?
Anyone can attack anyone. In fact we encourage you to seek out and kill enemies of your race and your clan. However, it is up to each kingdom to set the rules of their borders. The different kingdoms have NPC guards, that have orders given to them by the player kings and lords. For example, in the city state of Midheim, controlled by the player clan Black Rose, it is illegal to steal and attack players of neutral and good alignment. Evil characters are not allowed into the city, in addition to members of the Keepers of Chaos clan, members of The Mercs and members of the House of Chaos clan. Guards will attack violators on sight, and all inhabitants of the city are encouraged to do the same. (We may add a feature to have guards Kill On Sight individual players too).
I thought that was pretty funny when I read it... thought I'd share.

Tyvexx

Aug 11, 2005
Ha

Should be fun Timmyz, can't wait for this shit to come out. If it's all it's cracked up to be I'll be playing it for a long time.

fallendeacon

Dec 16, 2008
Yeah most definitely... I think a lot of KoC would come back for this game if it lives up to promises.

We will see... I have 2 friends in Beta right now and both say it's bad ass.

Open beta is likely to start on January 5th according to one of them.

I may get a vent server together before launch, I'll post the info once it's up if you guys want to play together.

Unstoppable

Apr 26, 2006
Yes they know who you guys are very well. Lets see if this time you guys can win without exploiting.

It's about skill this time, not levels :D.

A

Anonymous

Are you saying the XP Chains were exploits?

And it is too bad but I doubt you will see a huge KoC turnout since so many are gone now... Most families, half the group is Euro which we actually might get to play with this time unlike other games. So far I think maybe 4-5 KoC show interest...

The group is casual... You won't see a Darktide/UO/SB turnout. Unfortunately.

Unstoppable

Apr 26, 2006
No I am just saying a few bad apples who exploited in UO and AC by duping armor etc. Make no mistake though you guys were the powerhouse on DT.

A

Anonymous

Unstoppable said:
No I am just saying a few bad apples who exploited in UO and AC by duping armor etc. Make no mistake though you guys were the powerhouse on DT.
Yes people duped and UO as well. It is no secret... Not really sure how dupes affected PVP... Maybe unlimited regs in UO....

fallendeacon

Dec 16, 2008
It doesn't matter in the least... Whether you're broke or rich as fuck, it shouldn't have an impact on your ability to PvP... but I think we can all agree the latter is preferable.

Just because you're living like a rockstar doesn't mean you don't deserve credit where credit is due.

megamonkey

Sep 20, 2004
welp Splixxx there will be a very large turn out from the AC blood side. Including me I found at least 50 and this is ranging from old blood into the 2008 blood.