Albion Online

SethDrone-=KoC=-

Administrator
Staff member
May 12, 2004
Anyone playing or planning to play Albion Online? Had a few PM's over the last few months asking if we are going to play, I'm not familiar with it but if anyone has insight/reviews to share please do so.

Syfu

Sep 8, 2014
This game should be very UOish, as far as pking, guild warfare, Full loot, Guild housing areas that are not instances(hello Chaos shrine?) top down view like UO/Diablo/Moba's

Khan

May 19, 2009
With the 2-day stress test coming tomorrow and invites comign with the $50 founder pack, i decided to give it a long look tonight and i must say it looks promising.

Here is a 30 min overview of noobing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPeUpDWmb5M

Is anyone planning on getting in? If we can get a crew you can definitely mark me down.

Khan

May 19, 2009
yeah its the real deal. its like UO 2.0. Heavy on crafting, builds, territories, pvp and i see political warfare being heavy.

The combat is pretty basic, like D2 basic, but still hits the fun factor for some reason.

I do think it will stick with the oldschool pvpers and compared to Das Tal, i was impressed to see the stress test servers totally full of people

my char name is slurricane, ill be on 8-12 PST tonight.

If anyone has any questions they would like me to explore during this last day of stress test so we can prepare for a closed beta launch plan then please post em here.

Serpentor

Sep 29, 2006
If we have a group playing I am willing to try rolling with it.

Few questions hopefully one of you can answer them.

Are there servers if so which are we playing?

Are there races what makes a character unique to another just skill set and a few sliders during character creation?

How would we meet up and play as a group? Is the game mostly group content or solo content? or is there a balance?

Is the world zoned? persistent?

Can we get zerg roll by others? Or are there systems to prevent this? If so how do they work?

Is this level base or purely based off the destiny board's fame system?

I watched some videos but can't find anything about stuff like where my stam,HP, MP are derived?

Do I have to craft to get skills/stats to compete? Can I skip the gathering/crafting complete and just focus on fighting and have others craft for me and supply them with combat dropped items for gear?

I cannot find anything on there webpage about $ is it free to play?
They do have the p2w setup premium membership(Premium Status will give you additional silver yield from monster, faster destiny board progress and potentially some other perks.) but nothing about $ on this that I can find.

Syfu

Sep 8, 2014
Hey serp i can answer a few of these. The community organized a server war today so it's been about 3 hours of pvp today.

Serpentor said:
If we have a group playing I am willing to try rolling with it.

Few questions hopefully one of you can answer them.

Are there servers if so which are we playing? No there is 1 world for everyone, there are Russians, EU, everyone

Are there races what makes a character unique to another just skill set and a few sliders during character creation? Yes they have races, not sure about differences only Human as been unlocked.

How would we meet up and play as a group? Is the game mostly group content or solo content? or is there a balance? The world is very large, think UO size. You pretty much have to group once to get to tier 2 because you need "fame" from mobs and a good deal of it. it doesn't feel to grindy though and it's pretty fun because you do end up pvping while doing it.

Is the world zoned? persistent? Zoned but not instanced, the only thing instanced is personal and guild islands

Can we get zerg roll by others? Or are there systems to prevent this? If so how do they work? Kinda, a smaller group of 10 or so good pvpers can kill a group of 30 not as good pvpers. The anti zerg mechanics are if you have a group over 10 your group shows up as a "blob" on the mini map. Also if more then 6 people are hitting 1 target, that target takes less dmg.

Is this level base or purely based off the destiny board's fame system? No levels at all, it's all about what you have unlocked by farming the Fame for different Tiers after T3.

I watched some videos but can't find anything about stuff like where my stam,HP, MP are derived? from what i can tell all your stats come from your gear, what ever Tier you are. As a mage i had 1575 hp/ 130 mana/stam in full T4

Do I have to craft to get skills/stats to compete? Can I skip the gathering/crafting complete and just focus on fighting and have others craft for me and supply them with combat dropped items for gear? It's a good idea to get you self to T3, how ever I believe you could aslong as you had someone to craft your gear. I stopped crafting at T3 because it becomes much more focused at that point. I was able to wear T4.

I cannot find anything on there webpage about $ is it free to play? It is free to play. In order to play the beta you have to get a founder pack starting at the $50 range. How ever the items and stuff you get is pretty important. Lot of that stuff will be vital at launch. Mounts are apparently hard to get and take a lot of time to craft. I lost my mount the first day out pking. Luckily since it's the test someone just gave me one. But for crafting and gathering the Ox in the $100 pack is going to be incredibly valuable at launch.

They do have the p2w setup premium membership(Premium Status will give you additional silver yield from monster, faster destiny board progress and potentially some other perks.) but nothing about $ on this that I can find. you can buy gold that you can convert to silver. I'm not sure how much that will effect.
In my opinion, we will need a strong organized UO ish group for this game. We will be a bit behind because we have't played any alphas and such. But I think it could be a extreamly fun game for pvp. I have been pvping most of today and It reminds me so much of UO style pvp and pking.

Syfu

Sep 8, 2014
If we could maybe get some people who are interested on a TS tonight or IRC or something and talk about it and answer question.

Keyser

Feb 27, 2009
Any follow up to this? I'm playing with another group but if Blood will have a presence I'd rather play with you guys. I'll be on tonight.

SethDrone-=KoC=-

Administrator
Staff member
May 12, 2004
We have people looking in to it, going to get the word out to everyone and we plan to have a presence in the game.

Khan

May 19, 2009
SethDrone-=KoC=- said:
We have people looking in to it, going to get the word out to everyone and we plan to have a presence in the game.
Awesome to hear. I am scheduled for access tomorrow (day 2) and plan to hit the economy hard and early.

Unless i hear otherwise, I'll plan on reserving the guild tag as soon as i can and passing lead to seth when hes ready.

Also if we get enough interest, lets pop up a new forum

DreadLord_Qbert

Jan 16, 2007
joined up gonna need priv access.

we running on blood name or keepers of chaos?

Lots of Uo people play , watching us zerg a map this could bring back old nightmares.

Mal

Dec 31, 2012
someone hook me up with some mumble/vent info so i can hop in and see whats going down these days